A Thorough Cleaning To Get Your Dental Health Back On Track
How HH Hancock III Root Canal Endodontist Helps Combat Gum Disease
Have you been diagnosed with gum disease? Concerned? Don’t be. We can help. With thoughtful treatment and careful maintenance we can correct the problem and protect your healthy smile. Depending on your individual condition and needs, Dr. Hancock may recommend a treatment that’s known by several different names. It’s sometimes called “root planing and scaling”, or a “periodontal cleaning”, or “deep cleaning”.
- A bacterial infection has become too “set-in” to be remedied by a routine cleaning.
- Plaque has solidified into calculus deposits that are sitting under the surface of your gums and continue to irritate the gums and spread infection.
- Removing the calculus from below the gum line, using special tools.
- Smoothing the root surfaces to be sure plaque can’t continue to get traction.
- Once the plaque and calculus are removed, your gums can finally heal.
Remember that gum disease treatment may require some follow-up maintenance and monitoring. More frequent cleanings will help protect your recovering gums and allow us to monitor your progress.
Each case of gum disease is different. If the infection is extensive, you may need additional help. But whatever the case, we can discuss your options and help you with a plan to regain control of your oral health. So, don’t put it off any longer! Talk to us today about your options.
Give us a call at +1(919)781-9905 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.